LCC International University in Klaipeda, Lithuania, is seeking applications for a full-time faculty position in the Department of Communication beginning in August 2019.
We are seeking a communication generalist to teach courses such as communication theory, intercultural communication, communication ethics, and other topics that support the Contemporary Communication program curriculum. Courses in the scholar’s area of specialization will also be considered. Additional responsibilities will include student advising and thesis supervision.
Successful candidates have a research-based and/or personal desire to work and live in Europe (particularly Eastern Europe), and support the missional purpose of the university.
• Teaching introductory and advanced courses in Communication Studies;
• Mentoring and advising students; supervising senior thesis projects;
• Commitment to scholarship in an international setting.
• A Ph.D. in Communication preferred; ABD considered. Rank of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications;
• Three years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level preferred;
• Commitment to student-centered teaching methods that encourage interaction and critical thinking;
• Ability and willingness to adapt to a culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse student body;
• Commitment to the integration of Christian faith in higher education.