Activity Coordinator is a staff member residing on campus with responsibility for the implementation and development of events and activities throughout the Summer Language Institute (SLI) in the month of July. LCC houses and provides programming for participants (secondary school, college-aged, and adult students) in the Residence halls’ facilities, alongside a few LCC undergraduate students residing there. The Activity Coordinator works closely with the SLI Director, RDs and RAs on the creation and implementation of programming and the coordination of the activity schedule for the co-curricular program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with SLI staff to create a balanced activities schedule incorporating high-energy activities as well as activities that promote relaxation. Provide support and guidance to the staff in the implementation of activities.
- Provide support and guidance for students and develop appropriate positive relationships with them.
- Help plan and decorate campus for themes and activities.
- Manage equipment (laptops, speakers, sound, etc.).
- Maintain and resupply activities inventory, supplies, and equipment.
Reports to: Director of Community Life
Works closely with: Resident Assistants, Resident Directors, SLI Program Director, SLI Chaplain, LCC Facilities Manager, IT staff.
- Experience: Previous work in Residence Life, Youth Work, and international experience are preferred.
- Skills: Strong organizational and planning skills, individual and group interpersonal skills; excellent team work and communication abilities; ability to initiate relationships,
- Personal: People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian commitment; exemplary lifestyle; desire to promote community involvement. Firm commitment to LCC's mission, community standards and statement of faith.
SUMMER LANGUAGE INSTITUTE DATES:
- Arrival: July 1
- Staff Departures: July 28