The SLI Chaplain works in partnership with the SLI Director, Director of Community Life, and SLI teachers to provide opportunities for spiritual development through programming. Chaplain also supports and encourages the spiritual lives of the SLI teachers and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create an outline for Spiritual Life programming during the month of July (based on past programs while incorporating new ideas and concepts).
- Make contact with SLI teachers prior to July in order to assess their desired involvement (for Bible study leaders, worship team leaders, outreach opportunities, etc).
- Establish a Bible study curriculum for students, in cooperation with interested SLI teachers.
- Provide opportunities for prayer and fellowship among SLI teachers and program staff through special programs and regular prayer times.
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly worship services for SLI students and staff.
- Make connections with local ministries in Klaipeda (e.g., Salvation Army’s homeless ministry, Vineyard church’s ministry in orphanages) in order to provide outreach opportunities for SLI students and staff.
- Build relationships with SLI students in order to foster opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Build relationships with SLI teachers in order to provide spiritual encouragement.
- All other duties as assigned
Reports to: Director of Community Life
Works closely with: Resident Directors, SLI Program Director, SLI teachers, LCC Facilities Manager, IT staff.
- Education: BA degree in Theology; MA degree preferred.
- Experience: Working with youth populations; experience in church or para-church ministry. International experience is preferred.
- Skills: Strong individual and group interpersonal skills; ability to initiate relationships and develop rapport with students; understanding of developmental concerns of young people; ability to encourage personal/spiritual growth in others and implement programs. Ability to provide ecumenical programming Ability to work independently. Ability to be organized and self-structured. Sensitivity to various faith traditions and the ability to work cooperatively with them
- Personal: People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian commitment. Firm commitment to LCC's mission, community standards and statement of faith.
SUMMER LANGUAGE INSTITUTE DATES:
- Arrival: July 1
- Staff Departures: July 28