LCC International University invites applications for the position of a full-time Natural Science Teaching Assistant to begin August 2023 or January 2024. We seek a candidate who, while collaborating with lead instructor(s), will teach a freshman-level introductory science course as part of the core curriculum.
The University: LCC International University is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. Instruction is in English and the campus is residential. Our 650 students from divergent faith backgrounds come from over 60 countries for an education modeled on the North American liberal arts college with a Christian worldview.
- Teach first-year core curriculum course “Methods of Inquiry in Natural Sciences”, under the supervision of a head instructor. The course is completely designed with all lectures, labs, and assessments ready to use and deliver. The teaching assistant can personalize the content with the approval of the head instructor, but this additional work is not necessary for success in the position.
- Lead the interactive lab and field experiments that are included in the “Methods of Inquiry in Natural Sciences” course. The lab experiments are already designed and outlined in the course material.
- The position has the potential to additionally teach or design an elective course related to Environmental Science or Environmental Literacy.
- B.A., B.S., or M.A. in biology, ecology, environmental science, geology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related science field
- 1-2 years of teaching experience
- Minimal labwork experience, such as wetlab or theoretical or modeling labs
- Commitment to liberal arts education within a diverse international context
- Commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview
Application and Appointment: Please apply online through the provided link. Questions about the position or the department should be directed to the department chair, Dr. Scott White, at email@example.com.
In addition to a CV and cover letter, qualified applicants will be asked to submit: an application form; a one-page statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information of three professional references.
- Diverse international environment
- Friendly and supportive team
- Professional development opportunities through Erasmus +
- Research funding
- On-campus housing or housing stipend
- One roundtrip airfare
- State healthcare and accident insurance
- 40 work days of vacation / year
- Lithuanian language courses
Work load: Full time (1.0 FTE)