The SFS Coordinator works with the Student Financial Services Director to administer Financial Aid and Student Accounts processes and activities. Responsibilities are shared between both SFS Coordinators: one person is primarily focused on student accounts and the other on financial aid.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Aid:
- Distribute, collect and process Financial Aid applications from EU and Non-EU applicants (both prospective and current students).
- Communicate with the Registrar’s office regarding student status changes affecting financial aid.
- Enter and update Financial Aid data (around 500 applications per academic year) into the main budget document and database.
- Inform applicants about their awards and process financial aid renewals.
- Inform and guide students through the appeals process.
- Student Accounts:
- Prepare financial statements for outside customers with outstanding balances as well as for current and prospective students.
- Answer students’ inquiries about their financial status by email, phone, and in-person.
- Register students for Payment Schedule option and keep Payment Schedule updated.
- Register debt contracts (entering charges into database).
- Coordinate insurance process (charging student accounts, tracking payments, submitting information to migration office about payments).
- Solicit, enter, and update student housing payment information.
- Answer students’ inquiries in person and by email.
- Enter payments in Accounts processing system.
- Calculate and process student late fees.
- Help prepare statistical reports.
- Third-party financing:
- Administer third party payments, maintaining accurate record of funds received/used.
- Administer government loan programs.
- Administer government social stipends.
- Administer study stipends (Studijų stipendijos).
- Micro Loans:
- Follow established schedule to inform and guide students regarding program.
- Process applications, entering data into existing systems.
- Prepare contracts and communicate decisions to students.
- Collect loans and balance records.
- Other tasks as assigned from time to time by SFS director.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Previous experience in Financing/Accounting preferred;
- Extremely strong communication skills (oral and written) in English and Lithuanian;
- Superior computer skills in MS Office programs;
- Ability to work independently when given a task;
- Time management skills;
- Organizational skills in filing and reporting;
- Precision and attention to details;
- High level of customer service; collaboration, strong work ethic; attention to detail;
- Needs to enjoy working with people in all situations and understand the importance of confidentiality. Willingness to work cooperatively and constructively.
Full-time (1.0 FTE)
: Starting from 1200 EUR (gross)