This Resident Director is a professional staff member residing on campus responsible for the implementation and development of the residence life program in LCC's residence halls throughout the Summer Language Institute (SLI) in the month of July. LCC houses and provides programming for participants (aged 15-18) in the Residence halls’ facilities, alongside the LCC undergraduate students residing there.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with another RD to coordinate SLI residence life program and provide services to SLI students during the month of July.
- Supervise and mentor a team of Resident Assistants. Build community among the Resident Assistant (RA) staffs through team meetings, professional development, and social activities.
- Initiate contact and host resident students in order to develop relationships, identify and encourage leadership abilities, and create ministry opportunities.
- Promote community in the residence halls through events, programs, conflict resolution, and instilling a sense of ownership and care for the physical building among all residents.
- Ensure on-call availability for emergency incidents, security issues, and be a resource and back up for Resident Assistants.
- Enforce and take appropriate disciplinary measures in the area of student conduct and residence hall policies in accordance with LCC community standards and discipline procedures.
- Participate in various other related duties or independent projects related to campus needs and/or SLI program needs, as well as attendance at Student Life/University functions.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Experience: Previous work in Residence Life and International experience is preferred.
- Skills: Strong individual and group interpersonal skills; ability to initiate relationships and develop rapport with students; understanding of developmental concerns of young people; ability to encourage personal/spiritual growth in others and implement programs.
- Live in: Required to live in a Residence Hall in a staff apartment.
- Personal: People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian commitment. Firm commitment to LCC's mission, community standards and statement of faith.
- Salary level: Self- funded. Housing on campus is provided.
Summer Language Institute Dates:
- Arrival: July 3
- Orientation for staff: July 4-7
- Student move-in to Residence Halls, July 7-8
- Registration/placement test for students: Saturday, July 8
- Classes: (Monday – Friday) July 10-28
- Closing Assembly: July 28 / Students move out of Residence halls
- Late student checkouts: July 29
- Staff Departures: July 30