This Resident Assistant is a staff member residing on campus responsible for the implementation and development of the residence life program in LCC's residence halls throughout the Summer Language Institute (SLI) in the month of July. LCC houses and provides programming for participants (aged 15-18) in the Residence halls’ facilities, alongside the LCC undergraduate students residing there. Resident Assistants (RAs) work closely with the Resident Directors (RDs) to make the residence halls safe, friendly, and fun places to live and learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison between residents and the Resident Directors and educate students about living in residence halls.
- Promote and build community in the residence halls through events, programs, conflict resolution, and instilling a sense of ownership and care for the physical building among all residents.
- Ensure that residents comply with community standards and internal policies
- Counsel, help, and assist students on various issues.
- Work with the other Resident Assistants and promote the sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Ensure on-call availability for emergency incidents, security issues, and be a resource for residents.
- Experience: Previous work in Residence Life, Youth Work, and International experience is preferred.
- Skills: Strong individual and group interpersonal skills; ability to initiate relationships, ability to encourage personal/spiritual growth in others and implement programs.
- Live in: Required to live in a Residence Hall in room with students.
- Personal: People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian commitment, exemplary lifestyle, desire to promote community involvement. Firm commitment to LCC's mission, community standards and statement of faith.
- Salary level: Self- funded. Housing on campus (in a room with SLI students) is provided.
Summer Language Institute Important Dates:
- Arrival: July 3
- Orientation for staff: July 4-7
- Student move-in to Residence Halls, July 7-8
- Registration/placement test for students: Saturday, July 8
- Classes: (Monday – Friday) July 10-28
- Closing Assembly: July 28 / Students move out of Residence halls
- Late student checkouts: July 29
- Staff Departures: July 30
: Full time