Activity Coordinator is a staff member residing on campus responsible for the implementation and development of events and activities throughout the Summer Language Institute (SLI) in the month of July. LCC houses and provides programming for participants (secondary school, college-aged, and adult students) in the Residence halls’ facilities, alongside a few LCC undergraduate students residing there. Activity Coordinator works closely with the SLI Director, RDs and RAs on the creation and implementation of programming and the coordination of activity schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with SLI staff to create a balanced activities schedule incorporating high-energy activities as well as activities that promote relaxation. Provide support and guidance to the staff in the implementation of activities.
- Provide support and guidance for students and develop appropriate positive relationships with them.
- Help plan and decorate campus for themes and activities.
- Manage equipment (laptops, speakers, sounds, etc.).
- Maintain and resupply activities inventory, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist in mealtime supervision. Make sure the students and staff have what they need.
- Experience: Previous work in Residence Life, Youth Work, and International experience is preferred.
- Skills: Strong organizational and planning skills, individual and group interpersonal skills; excellent team work and communication abilities, ability to initiate relationships,
- Personal: People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian commitment, exemplary lifestyle, desire to promote community involvement. Firm commitment to LCC's mission, community standards and statement of faith.
Summer Language Institute Dates:
- Arrival: July 3
- Orientation for staff: July 4-7
- Student move-in to Residence Halls, July 7-8
- Registration/placement test for students: Saturday, July 8
- Classes: (Monday – Friday) July 10-28
- Closing Assembly: July 28 / Students move out of Residence halls
- July 29: Late student checkouts
- July 30: Staff Departures
Workload: 20 hours/week