A Resident Director will actively lead residential programming and will serve the needs of our students to ensure all students have a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment to live and learn. The Director will have oversight of activities in four focal areas that contribute to positive residential learning: a) leadership development or Resident Assistants b) Residence Hall programming, c) student case management and d) residence hall management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership development of Resident Assistants - recruit, train, and mentor RAs to meet the goals of the Leadership Development Program.
- Residence Hall programming – plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive residential curriculum as well as partner with other departments to support the community building, retention, academic success, and spiritual development of students.
- Student Case Management - maintain confidentiality and provide appropriate assistance to students violating policies and/or navigating challenges
- Residence Hall Management – recruit front desk staff and ensure safe and proper working residence halls
- People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian faith commitment; firm commitment to LCC's mission
- Experience in working with student populations; understanding of developmental concerns of university-age populations; ability to encourage personal growth in others; ability to initiate relationships and develop rapport with undergraduate students and staff/faculty
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills; excellent organizational, planning, time-management skills; strong self-motivation and initiative, planning and organizing skills, proficiency in using technology platforms and database systems, ability to creatively innovate, work independently and collaboratively with minimal guidance
- Experience with intercultural issues and international student populations and ability to work in a diverse environment
- Degrees: Bachelor's degree in a related field required
- Experience in residence life, international communities preferred
- Exciting and welcoming international environment
- Friendly and supporting team
- Flexible working conditions
- Additional paid week off during Christmas and New Year
- Traveling opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
Full-time (1.0 FTE)