Position Summary: Management and bookkeeping of cash on hand, expenses, accounts receivable and payable. Calculation and reporting of payroll-related matters; payroll process administration according to the local laws. VAT tax calculation and report submission.
Duties and Responsibilities
BOOKKEEPING OF CASH ON HAND AND EXPENSE MANAGEMENT
- Cash on hand management
- Advances for expenses management
- Business trip expenses management
- Cash returns for students and faculty overpayments
BOOKKEEPING OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND RECEIVABLE
- Entering invoices from suppliers
- Preparing bank payment orders
- Issuing invoices to staff and faculty
- Issuing invoices for companies using University’s services
- Payroll calculation working hand in hand with HR
- Administration of payroll process in accordance with Lithuanian Social Security Law
- Monthly SODRA report preparation (monthly)
- Sick leave report to SODRA submission
- Authorship agreement preparation and declaration to SODRA
- Salary letters to employees preparation
- Accurate VAT calculation according to VAT laws administration
- VAT statutory report preparation and submission (monthly)
- iMAS report preparation and submission (monthly)
OTHER ACCOUNTING ACTIVITIES
- Coordination of all cash registers on campus
- Registration of accounting entries for Bookstore, Michealsen Center and Residence Halls
- Vehicle gas allocation
- Pollution report preparation (annual)
- Administration of prepaid expenses
- Erasmus accounts’ reconciliation
- Other projects on demand
Education: Advanced degree in accounting-related discipline preferred.
Experience: Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures. Experience with university financial operations and accounting is highly desired.
Skills: Demonstrated success in building respectful and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of departments. Strong communication skills that include listening, writing and speaking with clarity. Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
Personal: Firm commitment to LCC's mission and community standards.