Manages the technology program of the institution, which seeks to support administration and program needs at the lowest long-term expense. IT Project Manager collaborates with administrative heads in order to develop and implement an IT strategy that compliments the long-term strategic plans of LCC. Based on the strategy, the IT Project Manager establishes and maintains an IT architecture and infrastructure, oversees selection and acquisition of technology assets and manages IT operation and support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Administration to develop and maintain an IT strategy that compliments LCC strategic plans.
- Develop an annual IT program plan to identify objectives and prioritize IT projects, such as concerning areas of hardware and software acquisition and replacement, policies and procedures, and IT projects impacting operational efficiencies.
- Develop and propose an annual IT budget and manage IT budget during the year.
- Managing the day-to-day IT operations, networks and computer systems.
- Develop, oversee and report on project plans for ongoing IT projects.
- Monitor and report on usage of IT resources and related support, analyze results, and optimize related IT systems, administration and support.
- Manage hardware and software assets based on replacement cycle.
- Manage IT staff by setting individual objectives, completing performance appraisals, developing, and administering professional development plans.
- Maintain and develop policies on institution IT resources and processes.
- Communicate IT information of concern to LCC staff, faculty and students as needed.
- Work with users and other IT staff to determine and develop specific information systems requirements and processes.
- Evaluate specifications and requirements against available information technology solutions.
- Analyze, design, develop, and implement fully integrated systems, which may include applications, databases, networks, and related systems.
- Run vendor management process to ensure the company’s data security.
- Bachelors in IT discipline preferred
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- 5 years of previous IT environment support experience
- Experience managing IT staff and projects strongly preferred
- A solid understanding of IT systems, networking and computer software
- Previous successful experience in IT project management area
- IT support experience or in related field (systems analysis, programming)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Leadership and strong organizational skills
- Ability to motivate IT staff
- Logical problem solver who can operate under constraints and in a cross-cultural environment