The Vice President for Marketing and Communications has responsibility for overall communications, research-based messaging, marketing and branding activity for LCC. The Vice President represents and promotes LCC, increasing its visibility and supporting the institution’s mission, vision, and goals. The Vice President leads the development and implementation of the university’s brand vision, strategy, and public relations campaigns to attract the best students, motivate alumni and donors and recruit high quality faculty and staff. The Vice President also provides strategic direction and coordinates marketing and communications produced by other academic and administrative departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
MARKETING STRATEGY: to develop and execute a comprehensive communications, marketing and branding strategy consistent with the goals and vision of LCC.
BRAND MANAGEMENT: to serve as the LCC brand manager, positioning the University in the market, determining target audiences and maintaining the desired reputation.
MEDIA RELATIONS: to communicate LCC’s position and policies on a variety of issues, serving as the University spokesperson with the media as appropriate.
COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE: to ensure continuity and effectiveness within the department (including social media, article/story writing, videography, photography, graphic design), including hands-on support
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS: To oversee the development of all public relations and promotional materials (including print and digital, and the LCC website) in order to ensure consistent messages and brand communication to various university audiences.
ADMISSIONS/STUDENT FINANCIAL AID: To oversee the marketing strategy and strategy deployment of the Admissions and Student Financial Services departments. supervising the Directors of both departments.
OTHER DUTIES: as assigned
REPORTS TO: President
Cabinet Executive; President’s Cabinet
LINKS WITH: other departments and divisions of the university with marketing and communications priorities
- A commitment to the distinctives of LCC as a Christian liberal arts university.
- Written and oral fluency in English (Lithuanian also strongly recommended).
- Occasional required participation in evening/weekend events.
- A commitment to professional development in the role.
- Other responsibilities as negotiated with the President.
- Master’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, business administration or a related field is required.
- Proven experience in marketing and/or communications
- Proven experience in a management position
- Working knowledge of online marketing (web analytics, Google Adwords)
- High level of comfort in networking within these target groups: churches, government, diplomatic missions, large institutional events, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills are required.
- Exceptional skills in communications, marketing, and interpersonal relations are required.
- The ability to develop and implement strategic communications and research-based marketing plans is required.
- Expertise in making presentations and negotiating with the media is required.