LCC International University invites applications for the position of promotion-track, full-time professor to begin in fall semester 2021. The role includes teaching core curriculum courses in mathematics and computational thinking, as well as courses appropriate to the candidate’s specific areas of expertise, such as one or more of the following: data science, statistics, and/or data analytics. The job also entails supervising senior thesis projects and participating in the active intellectual life of the campus. In-person teaching preferred, but online-only will be considered.
LCC International University
is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English and our 620 students come from 50 countries for an education with a Christian worldview.
- Teach core curriculum math courses, such as “Quantitative Reasoning” and “Calculus”
- Develop elective courses in data science, advanced statistics, or data analytics
- Mentor and advise students; supervise senior thesis projects;
- Produce scholarship in an international setting
- PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field preferred; MA accepted.
- 2-3 years of teaching experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a highly diverse international context
- Demonstrated record of scholarship preferred
- Commitment to liberal arts education within a diverse international context
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.
The position will be housed in the Business department; but this role will contribute teaching in multiple departments across the faculty.