LCC International University in Klaipeda, Lithuania, welcomes applications for a full-time faculty position, open rank and specialization, in the Department of Communication beginning August 2021.
The position involves chair's duties, teaching courses in the department, advising, maintaining a modest research portfolio, and participating in the active intellectual life of the campus. The position offers unique opportunities such as travel and teaching/research in the Baltics, Scandinavia, Western and Eastern Europe.
LCC International University
is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English. Our 650 students from divergent faith backgrounds come from over 50 countries for an education modeled on the North American liberal arts college with a Christian worldview.
The Communication Department offers a BA degree in Contemporary Communication and complies with the Lithuanian Ministry of Education for programs in Communication.
- Oversight of the Bachelor‘s degree program in Contemporary Communication;
- Teaching and scholarly research in area of expertise;
- Recruiting faculty for the department, in cooperation with the Academic Vice President and Human Resources Vice President
- Developing course assignments and teaching loads of the faculty within the department.
- Providing professional development guidance to faculty in the Department;
- Ongoing program curriculum assessment and quality assurance
- Assisting in student recruitment and promotion of the communication program;
- Assisting the Academic Vice President in program accreditation;
- Ensuring adequate student advising for all majors within the department
- Managing the discretionary budget for the department.
- PhD in Communication or related field. Rank of appointment commensurate with qualifications;
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a highly diverse international context;
- Demonstrated record of scholarship preferred.
- Commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.