LCC International University invites applications for a full-time teaching position in Theology/Philosophy to begin in fall semester 2021. The position involves teaching courses in the core curriculum, developing elective courses in her/his area of expertise, maintaining a modest research portfolio, and participation in the active intellectual life of the campus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Teaching introductory classes in Worldview and Christian Faith
- Conducting, presenting and publishing original research in the area of specialty
Responsibilities may include:
- Teaching advanced courses in a specialized area
- Providing thesis advising to students
- Providing assistance in curriculum and program development
- Conference organization
- Community service
- Student ministry
An ideal candidate will present:
- A Ph.D. in theology, philosophy or closely related field by the time of appointment
- Secondary expertise in history preferred
- Demonstrated promise of research by publications
- Demonstrated competence in teaching undergraduates
- Willingness and ability to work in a culturally diverse context
- Excitement for liberal arts education within an international context
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview
Selected candidates may be asked to submit written work, which may be one or two published or submitted articles or a chapter from a dissertation. Applicants should indicate on their application form what material they propose to submit, but should not at this stage submit any written work.
This is a full-time development-track position. Initial rank will align with current rank.