LCC International University invites applications for the position of part-time academic writing instructor to begin in spring semester 2021. We seek teachers to teach one (or more) academic writing course(s) online.
The University: LCC International University
is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English and our 620 students come from 50 countries for an education with a Christian worldview.
- Teach one (1) (or more) section(s) of one (1) course at the BA level for approximately 20 students. ENG 114 Academic Writing is a required course for freshman.
- Assist all students to develop their academic writing and beginning research skills
- MA or PhD in TESOL, English, rhetoric, applied linguistics, or related field
- 2-3 years of online or face to face teaching experience
- Experience teaching writing to non-native English speakers in an academic setting
- Demonstrated record of scholarship preferred
- Commitment to liberal arts education within a diverse international context
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.
The English Department offers the following degree program: BA in English Language and Literature, and MA in TESOL. The department also houses the PRIME program – an intensive English program for pre-university students, and also the ELI program which offers language programs for the local community. Because of the international nature of the student body, there is especially ample opportunity for research in the areas of applied linguistics, sociolinguistics, writing instruction, and language acquisition.