LCC International University invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor position in the Department of International Relations and Development to begin in spring semester 2021.
We seek a candidate who will contribute to teaching the core curriculum course “Conflict Transformation and Civic Engagement,” offer courses in the candidate’s particular area(s) of specialization within and beyond the BA program in International Relations and Development, supervise senior thesis projects, and participate in the active intellectual life of the campus. Load is 4/4 equivalent, with load time potentially assigned for research and thesis advising. A modest research agenda is expected.
LCC International University
is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English. Our 650 students from divergent faith backgrounds come from nearly 50 countries for an education modeled on the North American liberal arts college with a Christian worldview.
· Teach the core curriculum course “Conflict Transformation and Civic Engagement”
· Teach offerings such as: “Introduction to Conflict Studies,” “Conflict Analysis,” “Negotiation.”
· Mentor and advise students; supervise senior thesis projects
· Opportunity for research and scholarship in an international setting
· Earned doctorate in Conflict Transformation, Restorative Justice, Peacemaking and/or Conflict Studies; or: Sociology, History, Communications, Political Science, or fields clearly related to Conflict Studies. M.A. or ABD will also be considered. Rank of appointment commensurate with qualifications;
· Three years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level preferred; experience teaching “Introduction to Sociology” a plus.
· Ability and willingness to adapt to a highly diverse international context;
· Demonstrated record of scholarship preferred.
· Commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.