LCC International University in Klaipeda, Lithuania, welcomes applications for a full-time Assistant Professor position in the Department of Communication beginning August, 2020.
We seek a candidate who will teach core courses in the BA program in Contemporary Communication, offer courses in the candidate’s particular area(s) of specialization, supervise senior thesis projects, and participate in the active intellectual life of the campus. Specialization within the Communication field(s) is open. Experience teaching writing courses is preferred but not required. Load is 4/4 equivalent, with load time potentially assigned for research and thesis advising. A modest research agenda is expected.
• Teach core courses in the Contemporary Communication BA program
• Mentor and advise students; supervise senior thesis projects;
• Opportunity for research and scholarship in an international setting
• PhD in Communication or a related field expected. Professional experience a plus, but not required. Rank of appointment commensurate with qualifications;
• Three years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level preferred;
• Ability and willingness to adapt to a highly diverse international context;
• Demonstrated record of scholarship preferred.
• Commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.