LCC International University in Klaipeda, Lithuania, welcomes applications for a full-time Assistant Professor position in the Department of English beginning August, 2020.
We seek a candidate who will lead a core curriculum course in Arts & Culture, teach courses in the candidate’s particular area(s) of specialization, and supervise senior thesis projects. Expertise and experience in any of the areas of Humanities, English, and Fine Arts are welcome. Experience teaching writing courses is preferred but not required. Load is 4/4 equivalent, with load time potentially assigned for research and thesis advising. A modest research agenda is expected.
LCC International University
is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English. Our 650 students from divergent faith backgrounds come from nearly 50 countries for an education modeled on the North American liberal arts university with a Christian worldview.
· Teach the first-year core curriculum course “Arts and Culture”
· Teach other offerings in the English department
· Mentor and advise students; supervise senior thesis projects
· Opportunity for research and scholarship in an international setting
· MFA or PhD in a Fine Arts or Humanities field (incl. English). Rank of appointment commensurate with qualifications;
· Three years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level preferred;
· Ability and willingness to adapt to a highly diverse international context;
· Demonstrated record of scholarship preferred.
· Commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.