POSITION SUMMARY: This Resident Director is a professional staff member residing on campus responsible for the implementation and development of the residence life program in LCC's residence halls throughout the Summer Language Institute (SLI) in the month of July. LCC houses and provides programming for participants (secondary school, college-aged, and adult students as well as North American educators) in the Residence halls’ facilities, alongside the LCC undergraduate students residing there.
Summer Language Institute Dates 2020
June 29 – Staff arrivals
June 30-July 3 – Staff orientation and preparation
July 3-4 - Students move into residence halls
July 4 – Student registration, testing, and check-in
July 6 – Classes begin
July 24 – Classes end; students move out of residence halls
July 26 – Staff departures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work alongside other Resident Directors to coordinate both the Summer Language Institute (SLI) program and LCC residence life program occurring in the residence halls during the month of July.
2. Coordinate with the SLI team to facilitate programs and provide services specifically for the secondary school students living in the residence halls.
3. Initiate contact and host resident students in order to develop relationships, identify and encourage leadership abilities, and create ministry opportunities.
4. Promote community in the residence halls through events, programs, conflict resolution, and instilling a sense of ownership and care for the physical building among all residents.
5. Build community among the Resident Assistant (RA) staffs through team meetings, professional development, and social activities.
6. Ensure on-call availability for emergency incidents, security issues, and be a resource and back up for Resident Assistants.
7. Enforce and take appropriate disciplinary measures in the area of student conduct and residence hall policies in accordance with LCC community standards and discipline procedures.
8. Participate in various other related duties or independent projects related to campus needs and/or SLI program needs, as well as attendance at Student Life/University functions.
Reports to: Director of Community Life
Supervises: Resident Assistants
Works closely with: Resident Directors, SLI Program Director, SLI Chaplain, LCC Facilities Manager, Institutional Technology staff.
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required.
Experience: Previous work in Residence Life and International experience is preferred.
Skills: Strong individual and group interpersonal skills; ability to initiate relationships and develop rapport with undergraduate students; understanding of developmental concerns of university populations; ability to encourage personal/spiritual growth in others and implement programs.
Live in: Required to live in a Residence Hall in a staff apartment.
Personal: People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian commitment. Firm commitment to LCC's mission, community standards and statement of faith.