POSITION SUMMARY: Migration Coordinator assists non-Lithuanian students with obtaining and maintaining visas, Temporary Residence Permits (TRP) or EU Residence Permits required to reside in Lithuania.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
1. Assist incoming freshmen, current full-time students, and students coming for one semester in obtaining relevant migration document.
2. Review, analyze and keep current with national migration regulations and procedures affecting students. Research, recommend, communicate, and implement appropriate policies and procedures that support students with maintaining their migration status.
3. Interpret and apply regulations to ensure compliance with migration regulations.
4. Provide counseling and advising support on campus community on migration related matters and other issues
5. Communicate the process, steps, and requirements to students in person, via phone/email and through meetings on campus.
6. Coordinate and oversee the migration process: upload required documents into online migration systems, prepare needed forms and documents; coordinate visits to the local Migration Office.
7. Maintain accurate records and statuses of student visas or TRPs and submit appropriate cancelation.
8. Coordinate the process of ordering insurance policies for all students through LCC insurance broker, distribute insurance policies to students, inform necessary LCC offices about the charges and coordinate cancelation of insurance policies, when required.
9. Serve as a contact person for students’ migration issues/questions and for Lithuanian embassies.
§ Reports to: Student Support and Career Development Center Director
§ Links with: Student Financial Services, Admissions, Registrar and Klaipeda Migration Department
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Previous work with student population or youth, migration affairs, and international students is a benefit.
Skills: Strong individual and group interpersonal skills; excellent time-management skills, ability to initiate relationships and develop rapport with undergraduate students; understanding of developmental concerns of university populations;
Personal: Attention to details, people-oriented, creative, able to work independently.
Work load: Full time
Start date: February 2020 . Position is temporary.