LCC International University, Klaipeda, Lithuania, invites applications for the position of full-time academic writing instructor to begin in fall semester 2020. The position involves teaching courses in academic writing, contributing teaching, scholarship, and service to the Department of English, and participating in the active intellectual life of the campus.
The University: LCC International University is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English. Our 650 students from divergent faith backgrounds come from nearly 50 countries for an education modeled on the North American liberal arts university with a Christian worldview.
· Teach BA level English courses; Written Composition and Academic Writing at the freshman level;
· Engage in continual development of the Student Success Center for all students
· Opportunity for research and scholarship in an international setting.
· MA or PhD in TESOL, English, applied linguistics, curriculum development or related field
· 2-3 years of teaching experience
· Demonstrated competence in teaching at the undergraduate or high school level;
· Demonstrated record of scholarship preferred
· Commitment to liberal arts education within a diverse international context
· Demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.
The Department: The English Department offers the following degree program: BA in English Language and Literature, and MA in TESOL. The department also houses the PRIME program – an intensive English program for pre-university students, and also the ELI program which offers language programs for the local community. Because of the international nature of the student body, there is especially ample opportunity for research in the areas of applied linguistics, sociolinguistics, writing instruction, and language acquisition.