A Resident Director is a full time professional Student Life staff member who resides on campus and is responsible for the implementation and development of Residence Life programming, student leader supervision (Resident Assistants), student conduct violation management, and the safety and proper working order of the residence halls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
1. Initiate contact and host hall residents in order to develop relationships, identify and encourage leadership abilities, and create ministry opportunities.
2. Recruit, select, train, and mentor Resident Assistants (RAs) and facilitate relevant educational programming to enrich student growth and development, promote community in the residence hall through events, programs, conflict resolution, and instill a sense of ownership and care for the physical building among residents.
- Enforce and take appropriate disciplinary measures in the area of student conduct and residence policies in accordance with LCC community standards and discipline procedures in connection with Associate Dean of Students.
- Ensure on-call availability for emergency incidents, security issues, and act as a resource and support for Resident Assistants in emergency situations.
- Coordinate with residence hall cleaning and maintenance staff to ensure timely and organized care of student and guest living space. Manage residence hall housing lists, guest schedules, and usage of space.
- Collaborate on an international team of Student Life professionals working on common projects and events that ensure holistic student development.
- Reports to: Associate Dean of Students
- Supervises: Resident Assistants, receptionists, and night guards
- Works closely with: Finance Office, Student Financial Services, Facilities staff
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field required.
Experience: Work with student populations, youth, or involvement in student activities
Skills: Strong individual and group interpersonal skills; organizational skills, fluent English and Lithuanian language, ability to work in a team and independently.
Live in: Required to live at the residence hall in a staff apartment. Housing costs are covered by LCC International University.
Work load: Full Time