Position Summary: LCC International University’s Business Administration department seeks a Christian fulltime faculty member to teach introductory and advanced courses in economics and contribute to undergraduate student research. The successful applicant will be able to teach a wide range of economics courses to business students generally, to business students taking advanced courses in an economics concentration, and to students in a separate program in international relations and development. Previous experience in international settings will be helpful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach economics courses.
- Participate in departmental and university faculty life, including meetings, committees, advising, and interaction with students.
- Keep the economics concentration up-to-date with relevant courses for today’s job market and graduate schools.
- Supervise undergraduate research theses.
- Conduct own research for publication, preferably with partners at LCC or other institutions.
- Firm commitment to supporting LCC’s mission of providing Christian liberal arts education within a diverse learning community.
- Doctorate is preferred; a Master’s degree in a business field or economics is required, with a minimum of six graduate economics courses.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong self-motivation and initiative.